Book Title: 16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings, 3rd Ed
Publisher: Professional Publications, Inc.
Author: Joseph S. Schuster PE
The Most Realistic Practice for the SE Exam
16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings contains two 40-problem, multiple-choice breadth exams and two four-essay depth exams consistent with the NCEES SE exam’s format and specifications. Like the exam, this book’s multiple-choice problems require an average of six minutes to solve, and the essay problems can be solved in one hour.
Comprehensive step-by-step solutions for all problems demonstrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches. The solutions to the depth exams’ essay problems use blue text to identify the information you will be expected to include in your exam booklet to receive full credit. The supplemental content uses black text to enhance your understanding of the solution process.
16-Hour Structural Engineering (SE) Practice Exam for Buildings will help you to
• prepare for all four exam components
• connect relevant theory to exam-like problems
• identify accurate problem-solving approaches
• navigate the exam-adopted codes and standards
• solve problems under timed conditions
Referenced Codes and Standards
• AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
• Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
• Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
• International Building Code (IBC)
• Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7)
• National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD (NDS)
• North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI)
• PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
• Seismic Design Manual (AISC)
• Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic with Commentary (NDS SDPWS)
• Steel Construction Manual (AISC)